NACHES, Wash. - The Washington State Patrol says two people are dead after their pickup landed upside-down in the Little Naches River east of Mount Rainier.
Forty-four-year old William A. Retterer Jr. and 43-year-old Sherri N. Retterer, from Burbank in Walla Walla County, were on Little Naches Road about a mile and half north of Highway 410 when their truck left the road and wound up in the river late Saturday night.
The woman was found inside the car and the man's body was discovered about a mile and a half downstream.
Investigators say it's not clear who had been driving or what caused the crash.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line