MATTAWA, Wash. - Two people were killed in a car-truck collision Wednesday night near Mattawa.
The Washington State Patrol says the two were in a car that became disabled in the intersection of Highway 240 and Highway 24, about 28 miles west of Richland.
The car was hit by a semi-truck and the two died at the scene. They've been identified as 32-year-old Claudio Nieves and 30-year-old Lizania Nievesdavila, both of Mattawa.
The truck driver was not hurt.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position