MATTAWA, Wash. - Two people were killed in a car-truck collision Wednesday night near Mattawa.
The Washington State Patrol says the two were in a car that became disabled in the intersection of Highway 240 and Highway 24, about 28 miles west of Richland.
The car was hit by a semi-truck and the two died at the scene. They've been identified as 32-year-old Claudio Nieves and 30-year-old Lizania Nievesdavila, both of Mattawa.
The truck driver was not hurt.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives