AIRWAY HEIGHTS, Wash. - A Washington Corrections Department spokeswoman says a fight involving two inmates in a vocational program at a prison near Spokane left both of them with non-life-threatening injuries that needed medical attention.
Spokeswoman Risa Klemme said the Monday afternoon fight at the Airway Heights Corrections Center was an isolated incident and law enforcement officers were investigating.
She says it happened in the prison's medium-security facility, which houses about 1,570 inmates. The building where the incident occurred was temporarily closed and movement in the medium-security units was modified for the afternoon.
Klemme says visits and most programs are not affected.
The prison's minimum-security facility houses 600 offenders and remains in full operation.
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity
- New report says Spokane spends $1M on cops in schools
- Spokane man splits top prize in television reality show
- A robot that picks apples? Replacing humans worries some