MEAD, Wash. - Two people are dead following a two car collision near Mead on Sunday afternoon.
Just after 4:30 p.m. 92-year-old Floyd Nordhagen of Chattaroy attempted to turn his 1969 Plymouth Fury onto Park Lane Rd. from Newport Hwy. He was hit on the passenger side by 2013 Ford F150 that was traveling north on Newport Hwy.
Both Nordhagen and his passenger 88-year-old Kathryn Nordhagen succumbed to their injuries on scene.
The driver and passenger of the F150 were not injured in the crash.
Washington State Patrol says the cause of the collision was a failure to yield. No charges have been filed.
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'