COLFAX, Wash. - The Whitman County sheriff's office says a 19-year-old Endicott woman died Sunday in an SUV accident near the town of Lacrosse.
Amanda Drewer was a passenger in an SUV driven by 19-year-old Taylor Martin of Lacrosse. They may have been hunting in the area. The sheriff's office says the car left the roadway and rolled down a steep hillside on private property.
The Spokesman-Review reports Drewer died at the scene. Martin was airlifted to Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane with neck injuries. He was reported in satisfactory condition.
The sheriff's office says the two were not wearing seat belts and alcohol may have been a factor in the crash.
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods
- Police investigate north Spokane shooting
- WSP responded to 100+ vehicle crashes in Spokane area Wednesday morning
- I-90 over Snoqualmie Pass closed all day, night