RITZVILLE, Wash. - One person is dead and another injured in a one car crash on State Route 395 in Adams County, 24 miles south of Ritzville.
It happened at approximately 5:00 am Monday at milepost 72.
Washington State Patrol says the passenger, 48-year-old Gabriela Parra Beltran, was killed in the crash, while the driver, 18-year-old Jaciel Parra Medina, was injured.
The vehicle was traveling north bound at a high rate. The driver fell asleep at the wheel and went off the roadway.
The vehicle came to a rest blocking the south bound side.
The southbound lanes of SR 395 were fully blocked Monday morning, but a detour was available.
- Spokane submits its proposal to become Amazon's second headquarters
- Spokane Valley deputies searching for missing child
- Titanic artifact exhibition opens Saturday
- Studying hate to fight it: GU kicks off fourth International Conference on Hate Studies
- East Valley Middle School's proactive approach to bullying
- Police search for car that hit and killed cyclist