GOLDENDALE, Wash. - An apparent argument between two men ended with one dead and the other critically wounded in a shooting in the rural community of Cleveland in south-central Washington.
Klickitat County Sheriff Rick McComas tells KIMA a delivery truck driver arrived at the scene Tuesday morning and called for help.
A 79-year-old homeowner, Norman A. Luening, was killed by a shot to the head. A neighbor, 59-year-old Ronald R. Carlsen, was flown to Oregon Health & Science University Hospital in Portland in critical condition.
The sheriff says the two men were the only people involved in the shooting and the motive remains under investigation.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line