PILOT POINT, Alaska - A commercial fisherman died and another is missing after a skiff overturned on the Ugashik river near Pilot Point on the north side of the Alaska Peninsula.
Troopers say four people were in the boat Sunday in 25 mph winds and 4-foot waves but none were wearing personal flotation devices.
Alaska State Troopers say took a call on the incident just before 9 a.m.
An adult man and a 17-year-old boy tried to swim to shore. The adult was found in the water unresponsive and could not be resuscitated. The teenager is missing.
Troopers say 47-year-old Earnest Pierce of 9 Mile Falls, Washington, and 24-year-old and Brandon Michael Park of West Richland, Washington, climbed on the overturned skiff and were rescued by other fishing boats.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults