OKANOGAN, Wash. - Authorities say an Okanogan County sheriff's deputy shot a 27-year-old suspect who allegedly fired a shotgun at the deputy following a car chase.
Undersheriff Joe Somday says the deputy, Tony Hawley, was not injured during the Saturday morning incident.
The Wenatchee World reports that Neil Mix, of Okanogan, was shot and reported in stable condition Saturday morning at a hospital in Omak. A 25-year-old Okanogan woman who was in the car with Mix was also reported in stable condition.
Mix is wanted in connection with an Oct. 6 stabbing.
The Douglas County Sheriff's Office will investigate the shooting.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives