SPOKANE, Wash. - The number of active hate groups across the Northwest dropped last year compared to 2012.
That's according to the Southern Poverty Law Center, which on Tuesday released its annual report on the number of hate groups operating in the United States.
The number of hate groups in Washington dropped from 16 in 2012 to 10 last year. In Idaho the number dropped from 17 to nine. And in Montana the number dropped from 12 to eight.
The number of hate groups in Oregon remained the same at nine.
Nationally, the number of active hate groups dropped from 1,007 in 2012 to 939 last year.
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car
- Don't leave valuable property in your car