Kylee Cruz joined the KXLY news team in June 2011.
Back when she was only six-years-old her neighbor started calling her the "Cub Reporter" because she always asked so many questions. That eventually led Kylee to Arizona State University where she graduated Summa Cum Laude with a degree in Broadcast Journalism from the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication.
While in college, Kylee interned at KTVK-TV in Phoenix in addition to interning in her hometown of Yuma and in Los Angeles at EXTRA-TV. Kylee worked for a year as a multi-media journalist, news anchor and weather anchor for Cronkite NewsWatch, a student produced nightly newscast on Arizona PBS. While working for Cronkite NewsWatch, she covered the Tucson tragedy as well as other stories on the Arizona border and at the Arizona State Capitol. Kylee was also named the Outstanding Undergraduate Student of the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism in 2011 and even got to interview Diane Sawyer at the school's annual luncheon event.
Kylee is looking forward to exploring all that Spokane has to offer. As an Arizona native, Kylee is excited to venture out of the heat and come to a cool climate place like Spokane.
She is always looking for story ideas so if you have one, please feel free to email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march