GOLDENDALE, Wash. - Donovan Culps was taken into custody on Thursday at around 2:13 p.m. by members of the multi-jurisdictional Yakima Violent Crime Task Force.
Culps is one of the suspects in the Lucid Cannabis store shooting and abduction of Cameron Smith that occurred on Sunday, September 10.
Culps is now is custody in Goldendale following a short pursuit ending in a collision. No injuries were reported.
While Culps was being taken in custody by police, the other occupants of the vehicle fled on foot and have not been identified at this time.
Detectives from the Cheney Police Department will be responding to Goldendale to conduct follow up in this case.
There are no other details at this time.
- Thousands turn out for Coeur d'Alene holiday lighting ceremony
- UPDATE: Man charged with Newman Lake woman's death
- Spokane family searches for stolen heirlooms and antiques
- Excelsior to offer socialization opportunities for seniors
- Red Lion Hotel builds giant gingerbread house
- Police investigating possible homicide in Newman Lake