NEWPORT, Wash. - Parts of the Inland Northwest were blanketed in snow Friday morning. People north and east of Spokane woke up to at least an inch or two of snow.
Dense, heavy snow weighed down power lines, leaving thousands in the dark between North Idaho and Eastern Washington.
Plow teams made several passes on Highway 2 throughout the morning.
WSP says there were a number of slide-offs in Pend Oreille County but no major accidents. They remind drivers to make a serious effort to adjust your driving habits as more winter weather is on the way.
- Some Spokane shoppers trade Thanksgiving meals for holiday deals
- Inmates build a better future at Geiger Corrections Center
- Red Lion Hotels builds life-size gingerbread house
- Spokane seniors receive Thanksgiving meals and cheer
- Thanksgiving tradition: Turkey Bowl
- Police arrest man suspected of robbing pot shop, shooting clerk