SPOKANE - Two days before an SUV ran a red light and smashed into a police cruiser, injuring three detectives, the driver?s husband had been sentenced to five years in federal prison.
Spokane Police say Tonia Vansant was drunk and speeding when she crashed into an unmarked cruiser Friday morning on Division Street, injuring three detectives. Two days before on Wednesday her husband Rick was handed a five year prison sentenced for possession of child pornography.
Vansant was arrested in 2008 when he left his iPod in a commuter van. On the iPod were several images of child pornography. Federal investigators later searched his home where they discovered more child pornography on his computer.
Tonia Vansant is facing three counts of vehicular assault.
- I-90 over Snoqualmie Pass closed all day, night
- Man killed in weekend officer-involved shooting identified
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting