SPOKANE - The Idaho State Police said four Spokane residents have been arrested and are in Spokane County Jail for allegedly stabbing one person to death in Plummer, Idaho early Sunday morning.
According to the police, the incident happened at about 4:30 a.m. when the four people showed up at a home on 8th Street after the group celebrated one of their birthdays in downtown Spokane. Three members of the group got into a confrontation with one of the residents of the house. The resident, 37-year old Atowyn Swiney, was stabbed and died at the scene, police said.
All four group members left the home and headed to back to Spokane, police said.
Idaho State Police requested the help of the Spokane Sheriff's Office in finding and arresting the group. Following a 12-hour hunt, Spokane deputies arrested 21-year-old Irael Kennedy; 22-year-old Stephen Milton; 40-year-old Kelly Miller; and 40-year-old Jody Miller.
The Spokane Sheriff's Office said Jody Miller has a 31-year record and is considered a career criminal.
An autopsy for Swiney is scheduled for Monday.
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blachard shooting identified
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire
- Mexico club shooting: Spokane woman one of the injured
- Preparing for icy winter weather