SPOKANE, Wash - The City of Spokane dropped off sandbags along the Spokane River in Peaceful Valley Monday, to help property owners fend off the rising waters of the Spokane River.
It's just one of several areas in Spokane seeing flooding this week, due to the heavy rains and fast melt off.
Along the aptly named Water Street, water rose 80 feet onto the street and adjacent yards.
- Coal and oil train controversy heads to November ballot
- Car crashes into home in North Spokane, pushing sleeping resident several feet across the room
- North Idaho family seeks help after man critically injured in freak swimming accident
- Teen murder suspects face judge
- Do's and dont's of new distracted driving law
- Donna Perry sentenced to life in prison without option of parole