SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane firefighters responded to Shadle Park High School Wednesday morning after five students became sick from smoking ?Spice.?
The students, all males between the ages of 16 and 18, were found in the school?s office complaining of decreased levels of consciousness and other symptoms. Firefighters evaluated all five students and found one that was in critical condition and needed to be transported to Sacred Heart for treatment.
Of the remaining students, two were later taken to Sacred Heart, one was taken to Holy Family and the fifth student declined treatment.
All students are in good condition as of Wednesday afternoon.
District officials believe the students smoked the Spice in a car off-campus before school. All five students have been suspended.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position