SPOKANE, Wash. - An electronic crosswalk sign near the Maple Street Bridge is apparently showing its disapproval of either the weather and / or local drivers by giving people the "Bronx Salute."
The crossing sign, located in downtown Spokane in the northbound lanes of Maple south of the Maple Street Bridge, has been somehow modified so when the "Don?t Walk" hand is displayed, only the upraised middle finger is visible.
City of Spokane spokesperson Marlene Feist says that street department personnel think the electronic sign may have snow somehow wedged into the sign, obscuring all but the palm and raised middle finger.
Feist added that clearly the display is ?unintentional.?
As to when that packed snow will get removed so the sign will no longer be giving drivers a Bronx salute, the people responsible for fixing the sign ? the city?s Streets Department ? are keeping busy unpacking snow off roads in Browne?s Addition.
Click here to download a copy of the image attached to this story
- Man found dead in downtown Spokane parking lot
- Riverfront Park construction progresses
- Study shows Spokane Police Department needs more officers
- Mom of son with rare disease says healthcare decision is about more than 'politics'
- Summer thunderstorms leave a mess for some residents around region
- Airman found dead in dorm at Fairchild