SPOKANE, Wash. - An electronic crosswalk sign near the Maple Street Bridge is apparently showing its disapproval of either the weather and / or local drivers by giving people the "Bronx Salute."
The crossing sign, located in downtown Spokane in the northbound lanes of Maple south of the Maple Street Bridge, has been somehow modified so when the "Don?t Walk" hand is displayed, only the upraised middle finger is visible.
City of Spokane spokesperson Marlene Feist says that street department personnel think the electronic sign may have snow somehow wedged into the sign, obscuring all but the palm and raised middle finger.
Feist added that clearly the display is ?unintentional.?
As to when that packed snow will get removed so the sign will no longer be giving drivers a Bronx salute, the people responsible for fixing the sign ? the city?s Streets Department ? are keeping busy unpacking snow off roads in Browne?s Addition.
Click here to download a copy of the image attached to this story
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River