SPOKANE, Wash. - A crash in North Spokane sent three people to the hospital with serious injuries and blocked a busy intersection for nearly an hour.
Just after 7 p.m. on Friday night, Spokane Police said an older model SUV was involved in a hit and run crash at Wall and Rockwell.
A few seconds later, the same SUV ran a stop sign a block away and was t-boned by a Dodge Durango heading north on Monroe.
The driver of the Durango and the driver and passenger of the other SUV were transported to a local hospital with injuries.
Orlin Anderson heard the massive crash while studying at his home on the corner of Monroe and Rockwell.
"The gentleman that was driving the Chevy was laying across the passenger, he wasn't seat belted," said Orlin Anderson
"And, the lady was reclined all the way back he was struggling to get out but there was no way to get out I just pushed him back down and told him to lay down," he said
Anderson said this is the second serious crash at Monroe and Rockwell in the past three years.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday