Authorities say one of two inmates who sawed their way out of a county jail in California and vanished last week was recaptured late Tuesday after he crashed through a ceiling while hiding in his sister's attic.
Santa Clara County Undersheriff Carl Neusel says that 26-year-old Laron Campbell was arrested by the U.S. Marshals Service and Antioch police.
Campbell's sister, Marcaysha Alexander, was also arrested on suspicion of harboring a fugitive.
Neusel says a tip led authorities to Alexander's Antioch home and thanked the tipster.
Deputies are still searching for Rogelio Chavez.
Chavez and Campbell escaped with two other prisoners last Wednesday night by cutting through the bars covering a second-story window and then rappelling to the ground on a bedsheet rope. The others were quickly apprehended.
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods
- Police investigate north Spokane shooting