SPOKANE - The victim of a road rage incident last week in Spokane misstated the circumstances that led to both his legs being partially amputated in a car crash last winter.
On June 3 Cody Balka participated in an interview in the wake of a road rage incident where another driver - Scott Cramer - was tailgating his car and flipping him off as he was driving along the freeway. Cramer reportedly got out of his car and attempted to punch Balka. He was later arrested by Spokane Police.
Balka, however, made misstatements about another driver being involved in the crash that took both of his legs December 28th, 2009.
During the interview last week Balka stated that a drunk driver caused the crash and that the driver had not yet been caught. Upon further investigation Balka was the only driver involved in the crash. A police report indicates that Balka had methamphetamine in his system and a blood alcohol level of .22 at the time of the crash.
Balka has not returned messages seeking comment on this story.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position