(CNN) -- The fierce winter storm in the United States has left nearly a quarter-million customers without power on Wednesday. Numbers supplied by energy companies say 241,540 customers are without power in four states, and the District of Columbia. The majority of the outages are in Virginia and West Virginia, with others reported in Ohio, Maryland, and Washington D.C.
Local News Headlines
- Should inmates get mental health medications in jail?
- Officers in deadly shooting identified
- Spokane police officer under investigation
- Driver extricated after Spokane County water truck rolls
- FBI: No arrests made in ricin letter investigation
- Police in Browne's Addition investigating Ricin letters
- Court documents detail deadly shootings
- Deputy, police officer under investigation for misconduct
- Road closures for Armed Forces Torchlight Parade
- Two dead in overnight shootings