(CNN) -- U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki-moon called Tuesday for the Syrian government to "fully and quickly" honor its obligations under the Chemical Weapons Convention, speaking at the U.N. General Assembly in New York. H said he hoped for a "binding and enforceable" U.N. resolution to back up an international agreement for Syria to hand over its chemical weapons.
Local News Headlines
- Teen seeks to withdraw plea in Yakima shooting
- 1,700 pot business applications received in Wash.
- 3 new Pasco schools named for female scientists
- Police: SUV was hit by train at marked crossing
- Bagby Hot Springs attack possible hate crime
- Megaload movers decide to resume Ore. trip
- Thieves steal woman's home
- Observant neighbor helps cops bust copper wire thieves
- Police search for suspects in downtown shooting
- Owners of former WA state liquor stores struggling