(CNN) -- In his last public appearance as pope, Benedict XVI thanked the faithful for their friendship. Speaking from a balcony of Castel Gandolfo, the summer residence of popes, he made the sign of the cross to bless the crowds and disappeared into the building.
Local News Headlines
- Discussion over stolen property led to deadly shooting
- Grand Jury indicts Buquet for threatening to kill Obama
- Centralia man accused of running drug ring
- Parents use daughter's iPad to help nab sexual predator
- Hart pleads not guilty to Nine Mile Falls murder
- Police searching for suspect in CHAS Valley Clinic robbery
- Attempted robbery at N. Division Chase Bank.
- Thieves target ATMs at Spokane Valley businesses
- Chelan County search continues for mushroom hunter
- Berger grabbed deputy's taser during Oz Fitness altercation