(CNN) -- U.S. President Barack Obama tells the Israeli people during his first trip to Israel as president that the alliance between the United States and Israel "is forever." He also said making Israel his first foreign stop in his second term "is no accident." "Across this region, the winds of change bring both promise and peril. So I see this visit as an opportunity, to reaffirm the unbreakable bond between our nations, to restate America's unwavering commitment to Israel's security, and to speak directly to Israel and to your neighbors," Obama said in Tel Aviv.
Local News Headlines
- Parents use daughter's iPad to help nab sexual predator
- Hart pleads not guilty to Nine Mile Falls murder
- Police searching for suspect in CHAS Valley Clinic robbery
- Attempted robbery at N. Division Chase Bank.
- Thieves target ATMs at Spokane Valley businesses
- Chelan County search continues for mushroom hunter
- Berger grabbed deputy's taser during Oz Fitness altercation
- Detectives retrieve shooting suspect's getaway car
- One killed in North Spokane shooting
- This year's fire threat is coming on stronger, earlier