(CNN) -- Australia's Foreign Minister Bob Carr decided Tuesday to summon Israel's ambassador to his country, Yuval Rotem, to express the Australian government's "grave concern" about reports that Israel may build 3,000 new settlement domiciles in East Jerusalem and the West Bank, the foreign ministry said. Australia joins five European nations that have already summoned Israeli ambassadors to their countries over the settlement reports.
Local News Headlines
- Parents use daughter's iPad to help nab sexual predator
- Hart pleads not guilty to Nine Mile Falls murder
- Police searching for suspect in CHAS Valley Clinic robbery
- Attempted robbery at N. Division Chase Bank.
- Thieves target ATMs at Spokane Valley businesses
- Chelan County search continues for mushroom hunter
- Berger grabbed deputy's taser during Oz Fitness altercation
- Detectives retrieve shooting suspect's getaway car
- One killed in North Spokane shooting
- This year's fire threat is coming on stronger, earlier