(CNN) -- Mark Kelly, whose wife former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, was shot and wounded, said his newly formed gun control organization is sending a letter to U.S. Sens. John McCain and Jeff Flake urging them to support universal background check legislation. He spoke at a rally in Tucson, Arizona, on Wednesday.
Local News Headlines
- Owners of former WA state liquor stores struggling
- Teen seeks to withdraw plea in Yakima shooting
- 1,700 pot business applications received in Wash.
- 3 new Pasco schools named for female scientists
- Police: SUV was hit by train at marked crossing
- Bagby Hot Springs attack possible hate crime
- Megaload movers decide to resume Ore. trip
- Thieves steal woman's home
- Observant neighbor helps cops bust copper wire thieves
- Police search for suspects in downtown shooting