(CNN) -- The Brunswick, Georgia, city commissioner charged with obstructing police officers investigating the shooting death of a 13-month-old boy has apologized in a statement issued by his lawyer. James Henry Brooks initially told family members of one of the murder suspects not to talk to police, only to learn later that he "had been duped" by them, according to the statement.
Local News Headlines
- 1,700 pot business applications received in Wash.
- 3 new Pasco schools named for female scientists
- Police: SUV was hit by train at marked crossing
- Bagby Hot Springs attack possible hate crime
- Megaload movers decide to resume Ore. trip
- Thieves steal woman's home
- Observant neighbor helps cops bust copper wire thieves
- Police search for suspects in downtown shooting
- Owners of former WA state liquor stores struggling
- Experts: Cold snap threatens dormant cherry buds