(CNN) -- At an interfaith service commemorating the victims of the Boston Marathon bombings, Cardinal Sean O'Malley, the Archbishop of Boston, said Pope Francis "asked me to communicate to you his sentiments of love and support." "The Holy Father prays that we will be united in the resolve not to be overcome by evil, but to combat evil with good, working together to build an evermore just, free and secure society for generations to come," O'Malley said.
Local News Headlines
- Police undergoing crisis intervention training
- Owners of former WA state liquor stores struggling
- Teen seeks to withdraw plea in Yakima shooting
- 1,700 pot business applications received in Wash.
- 3 new Pasco schools named for female scientists
- Police: SUV was hit by train at marked crossing
- Bagby Hot Springs attack possible hate crime
- Megaload movers decide to resume Ore. trip
- Thieves steal woman's home
- Observant neighbor helps cops bust copper wire thieves