- Stage 1 - Alert: At this level, the public should be notified to gather personal belongings, prepare their homes for approaching flood, and determine a safe place to go to. Information on home preparation is attached. Safety Advisories shall be requested through the incident management team as a first alert to the public. An aggressive media alert may be organized at this time. Evacuation patrols will begin to visit all residents to collect information and brief them of evacuation procedures.
- Stage II - Evacuation Warning: At this level, the public will be asked to voluntarily leave their homes. People are advised to drive carefully while leaving the area. Move livestock, RVs, and other time consuming items.
- Stage III - Evacuation Requested: At this level, the public is requested to leave immediately but safely through designated routes. Please ask that they check out at road blocks so we know they have left the area and that we have adequate information to reach them. The Emergency Alert System may be activated at this time.
- Stage IV - Security Patrols: Security patrols in place.
- Stage V - Residents Allowed to Return
Published On: Dec 06 2011 08:23:27 AM PST Updated On: Oct 17 2009 07:17:40 AM PDT
Local News Headlines
- Deputies save stabbing victim after 50 person melee
- Officer who shot at burglary suspect identified
- Driver was 'blacked out' during fatal crash
- Brush fire shuts down US 395 near Clayton
- Ore. police release man thought to be behind strange letters
- Woman sues after falling through window while asleep
- Woman sues Fred Meyer pharmacy after receiving wrong drugs
- Activists rappel off Oregon bridge to stop Shell icebreaker
- Jury deliberations begin in trial over Richland boy's death
- Driver arrested after pedestrian, hit by SUV, dies