TOWNVILLE, S.C. - The family of a 6-year-old boy shot at a South Carolina elementary school says a funeral is planned Wednesday, a week after he was shot as a first-grade class left for recess.
The family of Jacob Hall says the service will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Oakdale Baptist Church in Townville.
Family members tell local news outlets that pallbearers will dress as superheroes and people attending also are encouraged to wear costumes.
Jacob died Saturday after being shot at Townville Elementary school with another student and a teacher. The 14-year-old suspect also is charged with killing his father shortly before the shooting at the nearby school.
Classes are to resume Thursday. Teachers will report to work Tuesday for counseling and class preparation on Wednesday before classes resume.
- Security upped following Manito Park shooting
- Safety tips for people heading outdoors over Memorial Day weekend
- Three killed and several injured in Grant County crash
- DUI arrests still high even with millions using ride apps
- Washington second largest wine producing region in U.S.
- City of Spokane launches Fix-it-Fest 2017