SEATTLE (AP) - State health officials say the number of people who have died from the flu this season is up to 172, making it the deadliest flu season since 2010.
KING-TV reports that 151 of those deaths were people 65 or older.
King County reported 35 deaths, the most of any county.
Pierce County reported 34 deaths, Snohomish County reported 33, and Clark County reported 16.
The Washington State Department of Health began recording flu deaths in 2010.
The state cautioned that the actual number of flu deaths may be higher because flu deaths can be underreported.
Information from: KING-TV, http://www.king5.com/
- Long-term stress might make you fat, study says
- Temper tantrums in toddlers: How to keep the peace
- China considers baby bonus for couples to have second child
- Starbucks is coming to the home of the espresso
- It's a golden age for affordable flying. No, really
- Muslims unite to help fix vandalized Jewish cemeteries