2 pounds Brussels sprouts
2 heaping cups whole, fresh cranberries
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup cider vinegar
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt and a pinch of pepper
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Place the cranberries in a large (10- to 12-inch) skillet on the stove, and turn on the heat to medium. Cook them solo for 2 minutes, then stir in the olive oil and shallots. Keep cooking, stirring occasionally, for another 5 minutes, or until the cranberries begin to pop.
3) Clean and cut Brussels sprouts in half (leave whole if small). Add the oil, vinegar, brown sugar, nutmeg and salt -- and toss to combine. Place Brussels sprouts on parchment lined baking sheet into preheated oven.
4) Roast until edges browned and tender, about 7-10 minutes.
5) Adjust salt, if desired, and add pepper to taste. Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.