Gonzaga University has placed two students on probation for the remainder of their time at the school, after the students were found to be in violation of the campus weapons policy. The students fought off a would-be burglar by showing a weapon last week, but because their apartment is campus-owned, they weren't allowed to have the firearm. Gonzaga also says it will re-examine its weapons policy in light of the incident. What do you think: did Gonzaga make the right decision to place the students on probation, rather than expelling or suspending them? Do you think GU should reevaluate its weapons policy? Leave your comments below.
Latest Interactive Headlines
- Obama plays soccer with Japanese robot
- Personal sensors: Monitoring your every move
- No more pills: Just give it to me in a chip
- This selfie is out of this world
- Custom organs: Creating body parts from dust
- No-scar surgery: Less pain, shorter recovery
- This machine makes drinking water from thin air
- Net neutrality rules to create Internet 'fast lane'
- NYPD Twitter campaign backfires in a big way
- MLB takes a swing at the video game business
- AT&T, Chernin set sights on streaming video
- Facebook profit triples on mobile growth
- Reports say an Amazon phone is close
- Netflix signs deal with Mitch Hurwitz
- Is an Apple-Nike partnership on the way?