Gonzaga University has placed two students on probation for the remainder of their time at the school, after the students were found to be in violation of the campus weapons policy. The students fought off a would-be burglar by showing a weapon last week, but because their apartment is campus-owned, they weren't allowed to have the firearm. Gonzaga also says it will re-examine its weapons policy in light of the incident. What do you think: did Gonzaga make the right decision to place the students on probation, rather than expelling or suspending them? Do you think GU should reevaluate its weapons policy? Leave your comments below.
Latest Interactive Headlines
- Can levitating appliances be far off?
- Mercedes asks Twitter to solve driver rivalry
- Slow Comcast speeds were costing Netflix customers
- Google reveals secret drone delivery tests
- 8 must-have travel apps
- Massive bank hack: What you need to know
- Apple sets event for Sept. 9
- For Apple, will bigger be better?
- FBI investigating hacking attack on JPMorgan
- Solar system surrounded by a big gas bubble
- Time Warner Cable comes back from nationwide Internet outage
- Apple may unveil iWatch on September 9 -- report
- TiVo goes after cord-cutters with new device
- HP recalls 6 million computer cords for fire risk
- Instagram releases new time-lapse app