A measure in the Washington legislature would make it a traffic infraction to smoke while driving in a car with minors. Under House Bill 2086, smokers who light up a cigarette, a pipe or a cigar in a moving or parked car with a minor inside would face a fine. The fines start at $125 for the first infraction, violations after would be $250. What do you think: do you think adults should be fined for smoking in the car with kids? Or is it their business what they do in a private vehicle? Leave your comments below.
Latest Interactive Headlines
- Obama plays soccer with Japanese robot
- Personal sensors: Monitoring your every move
- No more pills: Just give it to me in a chip
- This selfie is out of this world
- Custom organs: Creating body parts from dust
- No-scar surgery: Less pain, shorter recovery
- This machine makes drinking water from thin air
- Net neutrality rules to create Internet 'fast lane'
- NYPD Twitter campaign backfires in a big way
- MLB takes a swing at the video game business
- AT&T, Chernin set sights on streaming video
- Facebook profit triples on mobile growth
- Reports say an Amazon phone is close
- Netflix signs deal with Mitch Hurwitz
- Is an Apple-Nike partnership on the way?