The clock is ticking and it's almost midnight - almost the deadline to avoid the looming fiscal cliff. If lawmakers don't compromise and make a deal by New Year's Day, tax increases and spending cuts go into effect and millions of people will lose their unemployment benefits. U.S. Representatives head back to Washington, DC Sunday night, but many leading lawmakers say it's already too late. Are you worried about the effects on your finances if the fiscal cliff is not avoided? Do you think it will be? What compromises should be made? Leave your comments below.
Latest Interactive Headlines
- Launch brings new technology to space
- 'Dead Beat' page exposes 'absentee parents'
- Emerging clues may point to dark matter
- Hot startups not following Alibaba to Wall Street
- Joan Rivers' Facebook page plugs iPhone 6
- Larry Ellison: The billionaire with the shiniest toys
- Digital tip jar coming to a coffee shop near you
- Apple's iPhone 6 goes on sale, and the lines are insane
- First iPhone 6 buyer in Australia drops it on live TV
- Man tries to rent girlfriend to buy an iPhone 6
- What counts as a 'real name' on Facebook?
- Amazon releases new Fire tablets, e-readers
- Apple says iOS 8 will shield your data from police
- Apple's iOS 8 HealthKit launch derailed by bug
- Home Depot: 56 million cards exposed in breach