The clock is ticking and it's almost midnight - almost the deadline to avoid the looming fiscal cliff. If lawmakers don't compromise and make a deal by New Year's Day, tax increases and spending cuts go into effect and millions of people will lose their unemployment benefits. U.S. Representatives head back to Washington, DC Sunday night, but many leading lawmakers say it's already too late. Are you worried about the effects on your finances if the fiscal cliff is not avoided? Do you think it will be? What compromises should be made? Leave your comments below.
Latest Interactive Headlines
- Six obstacles to being a cyborg
- Is the iPad doomed?
- Uber-inspired app brings a doc to your door
- Kim Kardashian's game makes $700,000 a day
- Instagram unveils its answer to Snapchat
- WikiLeaks breaks gag order
- AT&T strikes deal with Netflix to boost streaming speeds
- Digital Duomo: Florence by smartphone
- Facebook to shut down Gifts service
- Facebook: Get Messenger or else
- Amazon launches 3-D printing store
- Gadget tests your drink for 'date rape' drugs
- Water balloon lovers pledge $645,000 on Kickstarter
- Scientists find 101 geysers on a Saturn moon
- OkCupid set up bad dates in 'an experiment'