The clock is ticking and it's almost midnight - almost the deadline to avoid the looming fiscal cliff. If lawmakers don't compromise and make a deal by New Year's Day, tax increases and spending cuts go into effect and millions of people will lose their unemployment benefits. U.S. Representatives head back to Washington, DC Sunday night, but many leading lawmakers say it's already too late. Are you worried about the effects on your finances if the fiscal cliff is not avoided? Do you think it will be? What compromises should be made? Leave your comments below.
Latest Interactive Headlines
- Mars One plans robotic mission
- Victoria's Secret model wears 3-D printed wings
- Mars rover finds life-supporting chemicals
- Google Glass users fight privacy fears
- Leak: Spies snooped in online games
- Tourist trips to the Moon by 2043?
- Snowden docs had NYT exec fearing for his life
- Stunning pic of Freeman is actually iPad painting
- Reddit to the rescue: Strangers find lost dog
- Tech firms call on U.S. to reform spying activities
- Inside CERN's $10 billion collider
- NASA shares image of massive 'Hexagon'
- Amid Mandela tributes, fake quotes creep in
- Someone bought a $100,000 Tesla with Bitcoins
- Ryan Seacrest wants to pimp your iPhone