The clock is ticking and it's almost midnight - almost the deadline to avoid the looming fiscal cliff. If lawmakers don't compromise and make a deal by New Year's Day, tax increases and spending cuts go into effect and millions of people will lose their unemployment benefits. U.S. Representatives head back to Washington, DC Sunday night, but many leading lawmakers say it's already too late. Are you worried about the effects on your finances if the fiscal cliff is not avoided? Do you think it will be? What compromises should be made? Leave your comments below.
Latest Interactive Headlines
- Addicted gamers are sweet on 'Candy Crush'
- Google files court case against surveillance secrecy
- Lone Signal aims to send 'hello!' tweets to aliens
- How to hide your data from Web snoops
- Will Facebook's organ donor success stick?
- Dictionary acknowledges humans can tweet, too
- Half of NASA's new astronauts women
- Google seeks to scrub Web of child porn
- 10,000 Apple accounts subject to data requests
- Facebook, Microsoft reveal U.S. data requests
- Google to take to the sky with Wi-Fi balloons
- Scientists find black hole bonanza
- Microsoft Office comes to the iPhone
- Facebook: Most mastectomy pics are allowed
- Is 3-D TV dead?