A newspaper in New York is catching heat from readers about two interactive maps published over the weekend. They show names and addresses of every person who has obtained or updated a gun permit in the last five years. Critics are outraged, saying it's a violation of their privacy and puts the gun owners in danger. But, the newspaper stands by its decision, saying that it's important information in light of the Sandy Hook School shooting earlier this month. What do you think: should newspapers publish gun permit holders' personal information? It's public record - should it be? Click here to leave your comments inside.
Latest Interactive Headlines
- It's here! The hoverboard (Well, sort of)
- PhotoMath app solves equations for you
- King Tut's 'virtual autopsy' reveals surprise
- Company hires tailor to enlarge iPhone owners' pockets
- Expect meteor showers early Tuesday
- Apple profit soars on huge iPhone and Mac sales
- Apple Pay launches today
- Crowdfunding your home renovation: Should you do it?
- Monica Lewinsky joins Twitter
- Facebook tells DEA: Stop impersonating users
- NASA orbiters OK after comet buzzes Mars
- Why this man created a Comic Sans typewriter
- Teens face 'like' and 'FOMO' anxiety
- What is the mysterious Magic Leap?
- Duck-and-cover time for Mars spacecraft