Following up on a pledge he made Sunday in Newtown, President Obama Wednesday announced a new task force to curb what he calls an "epidemic of gun violence." President Obama cited multiple incidents of gun violence since the school shooting Friday. While the president didn't offer specifics, he said the task force will look at access to mental health, tighter national background checks and a culture that glorifies guns. What do you think: do you believe the task force can end the gun violence in our country? What topics need the closest examination? Or do you think this is political lip service? Click here to leave your comments below.
Latest Interactive Headlines
- NASA orbiters OK after comet buzzes Mars
- Why this man created a Comic Sans typewriter
- Crowdfunding your home renovation: Should you do it?
- Teens face 'like' and 'FOMO' anxiety
- What is the mysterious Magic Leap?
- Duck-and-cover time for Mars spacecraft
- Apple unveils new iPads, releases OS X Yosemite
- Les Moonves on reactions to CBS's streaming service
- Apple Pay is launching on Monday
- Microsoft demos 'universal translator'
- Amazon bringing on more holiday hands this year
- Diamond-encrusted phone can be yours for $250,000
- Apple leaks new iPad details
- Man treated for Google Glass addiction
- Netflix to stream every episode of "Friends"