Following up on a pledge he made Sunday in Newtown, President Obama Wednesday announced a new task force to curb what he calls an "epidemic of gun violence." President Obama cited multiple incidents of gun violence since the school shooting Friday. While the president didn't offer specifics, he said the task force will look at access to mental health, tighter national background checks and a culture that glorifies guns. What do you think: do you believe the task force can end the gun violence in our country? What topics need the closest examination? Or do you think this is political lip service? Click here to leave your comments below.
Latest Interactive Headlines
- Americans pay more for slower Internet
- 1 pilot dead in Virgin's spaceship failure
- Rocket operator deliberately destroyed it
- A 'hard,' deadly day for space tourism
- Virgin Galactic loses $500 million spaceship
- Microsoft: New Band gizmo can make you a 'better human'
- Tim Cook comes out: 'I'm proud to be gay'
- Movie theaters ban Google Glass, other wearables
- The world is running out of plasma TVs
- Feds fine dating site for making fake profiles
- Sign up for 'Wasting time on the Internet' 101
- Failure of rocket off Virginia investigated
- Will rocket failure affect space industry?
- Verizon ad tech raises privacy concerns
- Apple Pay rival CurrentC just got hacked