Following up on a pledge he made Sunday in Newtown, President Obama Wednesday announced a new task force to curb what he calls an "epidemic of gun violence." President Obama cited multiple incidents of gun violence since the school shooting Friday. While the president didn't offer specifics, he said the task force will look at access to mental health, tighter national background checks and a culture that glorifies guns. What do you think: do you believe the task force can end the gun violence in our country? What topics need the closest examination? Or do you think this is political lip service? Click here to leave your comments below.
Latest Interactive Headlines
- Only 3 in 10 Twitter workers are women
- Facebook is officially a mobile company
- Apple sued by employees over labor issues
- Dark Mail: Email that hides from the NSA
- Is this Apple's new iWatch?
- Verizon's offer: Let us track you, get free stuff
- Israeli tech talent tapped to fight in Gaza
- You're not cool enough for Facebook's newest app
- Google to speed up Web with smaller photos
- How a teen turned online abuse around
- Facebook tests new function: If you Like it, Buy it
- Netflix partner says Verizon slows traffic
- Amazon: Read as much as you want for $9.99
- Manuel Noriega sues over video game
- Is this the real new black?