Following up on a pledge he made Sunday in Newtown, President Obama Wednesday announced a new task force to curb what he calls an "epidemic of gun violence." President Obama cited multiple incidents of gun violence since the school shooting Friday. While the president didn't offer specifics, he said the task force will look at access to mental health, tighter national background checks and a culture that glorifies guns. What do you think: do you believe the task force can end the gun violence in our country? What topics need the closest examination? Or do you think this is political lip service? Click here to leave your comments below.
Latest Interactive Headlines
- 'Regin' malware described as 'groundbreaking and almost peerless'
- Google: You can pay as little as $1 to see fewer ads
- Comcast to let customers track technicians
- China lifts ban on Facebook for select few
- App takes guessing out of wine buying
- Best Buy tells Amazon: Take that!
- Texting creating 'text neck' epidemic, doctors say
- Billboard 200 chart will now count streaming
- Jeff Bezos links Amazon and The Washington Post with new app
- Firefox dumps Google for Yahoo as search engine
- Gov't: China could take down US power grid
- Widow takes hubby's ashes to T-mobile to prove he's dead
- Facebook adds new app just for Groups
- 5 types of people you should 'unfriend'
- Apple's Mac update fails to fix Wi-Fi problems