Following up on a pledge he made Sunday in Newtown, President Obama Wednesday announced a new task force to curb what he calls an "epidemic of gun violence." President Obama cited multiple incidents of gun violence since the school shooting Friday. While the president didn't offer specifics, he said the task force will look at access to mental health, tighter national background checks and a culture that glorifies guns. What do you think: do you believe the task force can end the gun violence in our country? What topics need the closest examination? Or do you think this is political lip service? Click here to leave your comments below.
Latest Interactive Headlines
- OkCupid set up bad dates in 'an experiment'
- Yo backer launches new app
- BuzzFeed fires editor for plagiarizing
- Solar storm barely missed earth in 2012
- Robot furniture that builds itself
- US reveals secret plans for '60s moon base
- Facebook at all-time high on mobile might
- Only 3 in 10 Twitter workers are women
- Apple sued by employees over labor issues
- Dark Mail: Email that hides from the NSA
- Is this Apple's new iWatch?
- Verizon's offer: Let us track you, get free stuff
- Israeli tech talent tapped to fight in Gaza
- You're not cool enough for Facebook's newest app
- Google to speed up Web with smaller photos