Following up on a pledge he made Sunday in Newtown, President Obama Wednesday announced a new task force to curb what he calls an "epidemic of gun violence." President Obama cited multiple incidents of gun violence since the school shooting Friday. While the president didn't offer specifics, he said the task force will look at access to mental health, tighter national background checks and a culture that glorifies guns. What do you think: do you believe the task force can end the gun violence in our country? What topics need the closest examination? Or do you think this is political lip service? Click here to leave your comments below.
Latest Interactive Headlines
- Lunar mission to test China's space program
- Facebook wants to bring back the chatroom
- Queen joins social media age with 1st tweet
- Partial solar eclipse happened Thursday
- Paul Allen pledges $100 million to fight Ebola
- Obese dummies key to preventing road deaths?
- Zuckerberg, in Chinese Q&A, says Facebook has '11 mobile users'
- Google unveils Inbox, a new app to fix email
- Survey: 40% of Web users have been harassed
- Apple Pay is double charging some customers
- It's here! The hoverboard (Well, sort of)
- PhotoMath app solves equations for you
- King Tut's 'virtual autopsy' reveals surprise
- Company hires tailor to enlarge iPhone owners' pockets
- Expect meteor showers early Tuesday