Following up on a pledge he made Sunday in Newtown, President Obama Wednesday announced a new task force to curb what he calls an "epidemic of gun violence." President Obama cited multiple incidents of gun violence since the school shooting Friday. While the president didn't offer specifics, he said the task force will look at access to mental health, tighter national background checks and a culture that glorifies guns. What do you think: do you believe the task force can end the gun violence in our country? What topics need the closest examination? Or do you think this is political lip service? Click here to leave your comments below.
Latest Interactive Headlines
- Can levitating appliances be far off?
- Mercedes asks Twitter to solve driver rivalry
- Slow Comcast speeds were costing Netflix customers
- Google reveals secret drone delivery tests
- 8 must-have travel apps
- Massive bank hack: What you need to know
- Apple sets event for Sept. 9
- For Apple, will bigger be better?
- FBI investigating hacking attack on JPMorgan
- Solar system surrounded by a big gas bubble
- Time Warner Cable comes back from nationwide Internet outage
- Apple may unveil iWatch on September 9 -- report
- TiVo goes after cord-cutters with new device
- HP recalls 6 million computer cords for fire risk
- Instagram releases new time-lapse app