Following up on a pledge he made Sunday in Newtown, President Obama Wednesday announced a new task force to curb what he calls an "epidemic of gun violence." President Obama cited multiple incidents of gun violence since the school shooting Friday. While the president didn't offer specifics, he said the task force will look at access to mental health, tighter national background checks and a culture that glorifies guns. What do you think: do you believe the task force can end the gun violence in our country? What topics need the closest examination? Or do you think this is political lip service? Click here to leave your comments below.
Latest Interactive Headlines
- Five years on, millions still dig 'FarmVille'
- Six obstacles to being a cyborg
- Uber-inspired app brings a doc to your door
- Kim Kardashian's game makes $700,000 a day
- Is the iPad doomed?
- Instagram unveils its answer to Snapchat
- WikiLeaks breaks gag order
- AT&T strikes deal with Netflix to boost streaming speeds
- Digital Duomo: Florence by smartphone
- Facebook to shut down Gifts service
- Facebook: Get Messenger or else
- Amazon launches 3-D printing store
- Gadget tests your drink for 'date rape' drugs
- Water balloon lovers pledge $645,000 on Kickstarter
- Scientists find 101 geysers on a Saturn moon