Following up on a pledge he made Sunday in Newtown, President Obama Wednesday announced a new task force to curb what he calls an "epidemic of gun violence." President Obama cited multiple incidents of gun violence since the school shooting Friday. While the president didn't offer specifics, he said the task force will look at access to mental health, tighter national background checks and a culture that glorifies guns. What do you think: do you believe the task force can end the gun violence in our country? What topics need the closest examination? Or do you think this is political lip service? Click here to leave your comments below.
Latest Interactive Headlines
- Creator tells us how to pronounce 'GIF'
- Facebook helps repatriate storm-tossed items
- Robot exoskeleton suits to make us superhuman
- Insanely durable smartphone ... from Caterpillar?
- Apple grilled about tax havens
- New Xbox and PS4, meet 'Call of Duty: Ghosts'
- Microsoft unveils new Xbox One game console
- McCain: 'Why the hell' do iPhone apps need updating?
- Galaxy S4 is Consumer Reports' top smartphone
- Yahoo rolls out update to make Flickr 'awesome again'
- Yahoo buys Tumblr, promises to not 'screw it up'
- Charge your phone in 20 seconds
- Real-world etiquette for Google Glass
- Google: You'll know when Glass is sketchy
- Winklevoss twins are Bitcoin bulls