A first grade student in suburban Maryland is suspended from school tonight, accused of pretending his finger was a gun. 6-year old Rodney Lynch was warned twice earlier in the day for using gun gestures; the final time, a classmate pointed her fingers and said "pow" and he pointed his fingers back at her. The school says he had been warned - the family says the punishment goes too far. What do you think: is this punishment appropriate, given recent school violence? Is zero tolerance the correct policy or does this go too far? Leave your comments below.
Latest Interactive Headlines
- Time Warner Cable comes back from nationwide Internet outage
- Solar system surrounded by a big gas bubble
- TiVo goes after cord-cutters with new device
- HP recalls 6 million computer cords for fire risk
- Instagram releases new time-lapse app
- Sensors let seniors stay at home, safely
- Don't wait! Trade in your old iPhone now
- Facebook to display less "click-bait"
- UK sorry for marking 200 years since WH burned
- Apple recalls some iPhone 5 devices for battery woes
- NASA: Voyager 2 previews Pluto mission
- Hackers attack Sony PlayStation Network
- SpaceX rocket blows up after launch
- Want to use Tom Hanks' typewriter?
- 'Secret' app didn't actually keep you anonymous