A first grade student in suburban Maryland is suspended from school tonight, accused of pretending his finger was a gun. 6-year old Rodney Lynch was warned twice earlier in the day for using gun gestures; the final time, a classmate pointed her fingers and said "pow" and he pointed his fingers back at her. The school says he had been warned - the family says the punishment goes too far. What do you think: is this punishment appropriate, given recent school violence? Is zero tolerance the correct policy or does this go too far? Leave your comments below.
Latest Interactive Headlines
- Net neutrality rules to create Internet 'fast lane'
- This selfie is out of this world
- NYPD Twitter campaign backfires in a big way
- MLB takes a swing at the video game business
- AT&T, Chernin set sights on streaming video
- Facebook profit triples on mobile growth
- Reports say an Amazon phone is close
- Netflix signs deal with Mitch Hurwitz
- Is an Apple-Nike partnership on the way?
- AT&T eyes high-speed Internet in 100 cities
- Netflix to increase subscription prices
- Silicon Valley firms accused of hiring conspiracy
- How hackers keep themselves safe
- How some colleges are offering free textbooks
- Smartphone innovation is dying, but that's OK