A first grade student in suburban Maryland is suspended from school tonight, accused of pretending his finger was a gun. 6-year old Rodney Lynch was warned twice earlier in the day for using gun gestures; the final time, a classmate pointed her fingers and said "pow" and he pointed his fingers back at her. The school says he had been warned - the family says the punishment goes too far. What do you think: is this punishment appropriate, given recent school violence? Is zero tolerance the correct policy or does this go too far? Leave your comments below.
Latest Interactive Headlines
- Space, the final frontier for 3-D printing
- Inventor creates watch that fires laser
- European Parliament votes for Google breakup
- BlackBerry will buy your iPhone
- Which company is blamed for a British soldier's murder?
- Coming soon: App to report police brutality
- Frozen's Elsa and Anna teach girls to code
- Apple now worth a whopping $700 billion
- iPads won't be stuffing stockings this year
- Apple taps Bono again -- for charity
- 10 signs you are addicted to your smartphone
- T-Mobile changes data throttling notification
- Philae: Bouncing into a life-saving shelter?
- 'Regin' malware described as 'groundbreaking and almost peerless'
- Google: You can pay as little as $1 to see fewer ads