A first grade student in suburban Maryland is suspended from school tonight, accused of pretending his finger was a gun. 6-year old Rodney Lynch was warned twice earlier in the day for using gun gestures; the final time, a classmate pointed her fingers and said "pow" and he pointed his fingers back at her. The school says he had been warned - the family says the punishment goes too far. What do you think: is this punishment appropriate, given recent school violence? Is zero tolerance the correct policy or does this go too far? Leave your comments below.
Latest Interactive Headlines
- OkCupid set up bad dates in 'an experiment'
- Yo backer launches new app
- BuzzFeed fires editor for plagiarizing
- Solar storm barely missed earth in 2012
- Robot furniture that builds itself
- US reveals secret plans for '60s moon base
- Facebook at all-time high on mobile might
- Only 3 in 10 Twitter workers are women
- Apple sued by employees over labor issues
- Dark Mail: Email that hides from the NSA
- Is this Apple's new iWatch?
- Verizon's offer: Let us track you, get free stuff
- Israeli tech talent tapped to fight in Gaza
- You're not cool enough for Facebook's newest app
- Google to speed up Web with smaller photos