A first grade student in suburban Maryland is suspended from school tonight, accused of pretending his finger was a gun. 6-year old Rodney Lynch was warned twice earlier in the day for using gun gestures; the final time, a classmate pointed her fingers and said "pow" and he pointed his fingers back at her. The school says he had been warned - the family says the punishment goes too far. What do you think: is this punishment appropriate, given recent school violence? Is zero tolerance the correct policy or does this go too far? Leave your comments below.
Latest Interactive Headlines
- Sony expects to lose more than $2 billion
- Boeing, Space X to launch NASA back into space
- What counts as a 'real name' on Facebook?
- Join social media's 'country club' for $9,000
- Windows 9 is coming Sept. 30
- Apple offers a way to 'return' free U2 album
- Apple sold 4M iPhone 6 and 6 Plus in first day
- Microsoft buys Minecraft for $2.5 billion
- Golfer wins space trip after bagging hole-in-one
- China tests sidewalk lanes for phone users
- Big solar storm hitting Earth
- Will the Apple Watch be fashionable?
- IPhone 6 pre-orders crash Apple Store
- Apple's Tim Cook on TV, Steve Jobs, iPhone 6
- Yelp without fear, says new California law