A first grade student in suburban Maryland is suspended from school tonight, accused of pretending his finger was a gun. 6-year old Rodney Lynch was warned twice earlier in the day for using gun gestures; the final time, a classmate pointed her fingers and said "pow" and he pointed his fingers back at her. The school says he had been warned - the family says the punishment goes too far. What do you think: is this punishment appropriate, given recent school violence? Is zero tolerance the correct policy or does this go too far? Leave your comments below.
Latest Interactive Headlines
- Americans pay more for slower Internet
- 1 pilot dead in Virgin's spaceship failure
- Rocket operator deliberately destroyed it
- A 'hard,' deadly day for space tourism
- Virgin Galactic loses $500 million spaceship
- Microsoft: New Band gizmo can make you a 'better human'
- Tim Cook comes out: 'I'm proud to be gay'
- Movie theaters ban Google Glass, other wearables
- The world is running out of plasma TVs
- Feds fine dating site for making fake profiles
- Sign up for 'Wasting time on the Internet' 101
- Failure of rocket off Virginia investigated
- Will rocket failure affect space industry?
- Verizon ad tech raises privacy concerns
- Apple Pay rival CurrentC just got hacked