A first grade student in suburban Maryland is suspended from school tonight, accused of pretending his finger was a gun. 6-year old Rodney Lynch was warned twice earlier in the day for using gun gestures; the final time, a classmate pointed her fingers and said "pow" and he pointed his fingers back at her. The school says he had been warned - the family says the punishment goes too far. What do you think: is this punishment appropriate, given recent school violence? Is zero tolerance the correct policy or does this go too far? Leave your comments below.
Latest Interactive Headlines
- King Tut's 'virtual autopsy' reveals surprise
- Company hires tailor to enlarge iPhone owners' pockets
- Expect meteor showers early Tuesday
- Apple profit soars on huge iPhone and Mac sales
- Apple Pay launches today
- Crowdfunding your home renovation: Should you do it?
- Monica Lewinsky joins Twitter
- Facebook tells DEA: Stop impersonating users
- NASA orbiters OK after comet buzzes Mars
- Why this man created a Comic Sans typewriter
- Teens face 'like' and 'FOMO' anxiety
- What is the mysterious Magic Leap?
- Duck-and-cover time for Mars spacecraft
- Apple unveils new iPads, releases OS X Yosemite
- Les Moonves on reactions to CBS's streaming service