A first grade student in suburban Maryland is suspended from school tonight, accused of pretending his finger was a gun. 6-year old Rodney Lynch was warned twice earlier in the day for using gun gestures; the final time, a classmate pointed her fingers and said "pow" and he pointed his fingers back at her. The school says he had been warned - the family says the punishment goes too far. What do you think: is this punishment appropriate, given recent school violence? Is zero tolerance the correct policy or does this go too far? Leave your comments below.
Latest Interactive Headlines
- Creator tells us how to pronounce 'GIF'
- Facebook helps repatriate storm-tossed items
- Robot exoskeleton suits to make us superhuman
- Insanely durable smartphone ... from Caterpillar?
- Apple grilled about tax havens
- New Xbox and PS4, meet 'Call of Duty: Ghosts'
- Microsoft unveils new Xbox One game console
- McCain: 'Why the hell' do iPhone apps need updating?
- Galaxy S4 is Consumer Reports' top smartphone
- Yahoo rolls out update to make Flickr 'awesome again'
- Yahoo buys Tumblr, promises to not 'screw it up'
- Charge your phone in 20 seconds
- Real-world etiquette for Google Glass
- Google: You'll know when Glass is sketchy
- Winklevoss twins are Bitcoin bulls