City officials, Spokane Police and the Spokane Homeless Coalition is coming up with a plan to deal with the growing homeless encampment under Interstate 90. The homeless coalition will provide housing and social services; but the city will also enforce its ordinance prohibiting camping on public or private property. KXLY was first to report the growing issue and what police refer to as a public health hazard, with human waste littering the area and alcohol and trash left behind. What you do think: does the homeless encampment bother you? Should the city take action or let them be? Leave your comments below.
Latest Interactive Headlines
- Facebook wants to bring back the chatroom
- Queen joins social media age with 1st tweet
- Partial solar eclipse happened Thursday
- Paul Allen pledges $100 million to fight Ebola
- Obese dummies key to preventing road deaths?
- Zuckerberg, in Chinese Q&A, says Facebook has '11 mobile users'
- Google unveils Inbox, a new app to fix email
- Survey: 40% of Web users have been harassed
- Apple Pay is double charging some customers
- It's here! The hoverboard (Well, sort of)
- PhotoMath app solves equations for you
- King Tut's 'virtual autopsy' reveals surprise
- Company hires tailor to enlarge iPhone owners' pockets
- Expect meteor showers early Tuesday
- Apple profit soars on huge iPhone and Mac sales