City officials, Spokane Police and the Spokane Homeless Coalition is coming up with a plan to deal with the growing homeless encampment under Interstate 90. The homeless coalition will provide housing and social services; but the city will also enforce its ordinance prohibiting camping on public or private property. KXLY was first to report the growing issue and what police refer to as a public health hazard, with human waste littering the area and alcohol and trash left behind. What you do think: does the homeless encampment bother you? Should the city take action or let them be? Leave your comments below.
Latest Interactive Headlines
- Obama plays soccer with Japanese robot
- Personal sensors: Monitoring your every move
- No more pills: Just give it to me in a chip
- This selfie is out of this world
- Custom organs: Creating body parts from dust
- No-scar surgery: Less pain, shorter recovery
- This machine makes drinking water from thin air
- Net neutrality rules to create Internet 'fast lane'
- NYPD Twitter campaign backfires in a big way
- MLB takes a swing at the video game business
- AT&T, Chernin set sights on streaming video
- Facebook profit triples on mobile growth
- Reports say an Amazon phone is close
- Netflix signs deal with Mitch Hurwitz
- Is an Apple-Nike partnership on the way?