City officials, Spokane Police and the Spokane Homeless Coalition is coming up with a plan to deal with the growing homeless encampment under Interstate 90. The homeless coalition will provide housing and social services; but the city will also enforce its ordinance prohibiting camping on public or private property. KXLY was first to report the growing issue and what police refer to as a public health hazard, with human waste littering the area and alcohol and trash left behind. What you do think: does the homeless encampment bother you? Should the city take action or let them be? Leave your comments below.
Latest Interactive Headlines
- Six obstacles to being a cyborg
- Is the iPad doomed?
- Uber-inspired app brings a doc to your door
- Kim Kardashian's game makes $700,000 a day
- Instagram unveils its answer to Snapchat
- WikiLeaks breaks gag order
- AT&T strikes deal with Netflix to boost streaming speeds
- Digital Duomo: Florence by smartphone
- Facebook to shut down Gifts service
- Facebook: Get Messenger or else
- Amazon launches 3-D printing store
- Gadget tests your drink for 'date rape' drugs
- Water balloon lovers pledge $645,000 on Kickstarter
- Scientists find 101 geysers on a Saturn moon
- OkCupid set up bad dates in 'an experiment'