City officials, Spokane Police and the Spokane Homeless Coalition is coming up with a plan to deal with the growing homeless encampment under Interstate 90. The homeless coalition will provide housing and social services; but the city will also enforce its ordinance prohibiting camping on public or private property. KXLY was first to report the growing issue and what police refer to as a public health hazard, with human waste littering the area and alcohol and trash left behind. What you do think: does the homeless encampment bother you? Should the city take action or let them be? Leave your comments below.
Latest Interactive Headlines
- Apple offers a way to 'return' free U2 album
- Apple sold 4M iPhone 6 and 6 Plus in first day
- Microsoft buys Minecraft for $2.5 billion
- Golfer wins space trip after bagging hole-in-one
- China tests sidewalk lanes for phone users
- Big solar storm hitting Earth
- Will the Apple Watch be fashionable?
- IPhone 6 pre-orders crash Apple Store
- Apple's Tim Cook on TV, Steve Jobs, iPhone 6
- Yelp without fear, says new California law
- Mars rover reaches mountain; 'new science ahead!'
- Facebook tests disappearing posts
- T-Mobile offers free cell spots to customers
- 5 million Gmail passwords leaked
- Apple's plan to change how you pay for everything