City officials, Spokane Police and the Spokane Homeless Coalition is coming up with a plan to deal with the growing homeless encampment under Interstate 90. The homeless coalition will provide housing and social services; but the city will also enforce its ordinance prohibiting camping on public or private property. KXLY was first to report the growing issue and what police refer to as a public health hazard, with human waste littering the area and alcohol and trash left behind. What you do think: does the homeless encampment bother you? Should the city take action or let them be? Leave your comments below.
Latest Interactive Headlines
- 7 safety tips from hackers
- Apple sells 10M iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Pluses
- MAVEN spacecraft enters Mars orbit
- Launch brings new technology to space
- Emerging clues may point to dark matter
- 'Dead Beat' page exposes 'absentee parents'
- Hot startups not following Alibaba to Wall Street
- Larry Ellison: The billionaire with the shiniest toys
- Digital tip jar coming to a coffee shop near you
- Apple's iPhone 6 goes on sale, and the lines are insane
- First iPhone 6 buyer in Australia drops it on live TV
- Joan Rivers' Facebook page plugs iPhone 6
- Man tries to rent girlfriend to buy an iPhone 6
- What counts as a 'real name' on Facebook?
- Amazon releases new Fire tablets, e-readers