City officials, Spokane Police and the Spokane Homeless Coalition is coming up with a plan to deal with the growing homeless encampment under Interstate 90. The homeless coalition will provide housing and social services; but the city will also enforce its ordinance prohibiting camping on public or private property. KXLY was first to report the growing issue and what police refer to as a public health hazard, with human waste littering the area and alcohol and trash left behind. What you do think: does the homeless encampment bother you? Should the city take action or let them be? Leave your comments below.
Latest Interactive Headlines
- Feds fine dating site for making fake profiles
- Sign up for 'Wasting time on the Internet' 101
- Tim Cook comes out: 'I'm proud to be gay'
- Movie theaters ban Google Glass, other wearables
- Failure of rocket off Virginia investigated
- Will rocket failure affect space industry?
- Verizon ad tech raises privacy concerns
- Apple Pay rival CurrentC just got hacked
- Fraudsters use paycheck selfies to steal bank details
- Christie 'bongs' tweet blamed on autocorrect
- NASA rocket's explosion: What happened?
- White House hacked
- New app helps flag suicidal tweets
- Google searching for cancer cure
- Facebook spending spree irks investors