City officials, Spokane Police and the Spokane Homeless Coalition is coming up with a plan to deal with the growing homeless encampment under Interstate 90. The homeless coalition will provide housing and social services; but the city will also enforce its ordinance prohibiting camping on public or private property. KXLY was first to report the growing issue and what police refer to as a public health hazard, with human waste littering the area and alcohol and trash left behind. What you do think: does the homeless encampment bother you? Should the city take action or let them be? Leave your comments below.
Latest Interactive Headlines
- Is this Apple's new iWatch?
- Dark Mail: Email that hides from the NSA
- Verizon's offer: Let us track you, get free stuff
- Israeli tech talent tapped to fight in Gaza
- You're not cool enough for Facebook's newest app
- Google to speed up Web with smaller photos
- How a teen turned online abuse around
- Facebook tests new function: If you Like it, Buy it
- Netflix partner says Verizon slows traffic
- Amazon: Read as much as you want for $9.99
- Manuel Noriega sues over video game
- Is this the real new black?
- NFL Sunday Ticket coming to smartphones
- Amazon mulls $10 subscription service for e-books
- Marines test new beach assault vehicle