Five inmates at the Idaho Correctional Institution in Boise are suing some of the world's biggest alcohol companies, saying it's the companies' fault they got addicted to alcohol and committed crimes. The inmates, who don't have a lawyer, say the companies should include warning labels; one inmate said he had no idea alcohol was habit forming until he was addicted and committing crimes. You can read the article here, then sound off: do you think alcohol companies should be held responsible for the actions of people who consume? Should they include warning labels like cigarettes? Leave your comments below.
Latest Interactive Headlines
- McCain: 'Why the hell' do iPhone apps need updating?
- Apple grilled about tax havens
- Microsoft unveils new Xbox One game console
- Galaxy S4 is Consumer Reports' top smartphone
- Yahoo rolls out update to make Flickr 'awesome again'
- Yahoo buys Tumblr, promises to not 'screw it up'
- Charge your phone in 20 seconds
- Real-world etiquette for Google Glass
- Google: You'll know when Glass is sketchy
- Winklevoss twins are Bitcoin bulls
- Smell-O-Vision for your phone
- Google Maps leads kidnapped boy home
- Google CEO Larry Page wants less tech squabbling
- Tools that tell you if you're legally drunk
- Chrome Racer: Google's coolest demo is also its least important