With digital technology, a computer chip converts the incoming sound into digital code, then analyzes and adjusts the sound based on your hearing loss, listening needs and the level of the sounds around you. The signals are then converted back into sound waves and delivered to your ears. The result is sound that's more finely tuned to your hearing loss. Digital hearing aids are available in all styles and price ranges.
Local News Headlines
- Major Crimes detectives investigating homicide on lower South Hill
- Naked violinist sues over arrest in Portland last year
- Portland police investigate shooting at mall, no injuries
- Man in critical condition after brutal attack at motel
- Thirst for craft beer fuels large crop of hops
- Arrest in Salem, Ore., cat poisoning cases
- Spokane Police lets kids be cops for a day
- Should Washington mail-in ballots have prepaid postage?
- 2 Pasco, Wash., workers rescue man from burning house
- Washington inmate sentenced in Portland for tax fraud