Coffee -- and caffeine, in general -- has many health benefits for older adults. The American Medical Association and other experts stress that moderation is important: Three cups a day is fine, but 10 cups is too much. Make sure the rest of your diet is healthy, as well. Eat nutritious meals, and for weight control, consume only as many calories a day as you burn in activity. If you drink alcohol, do so in moderation. That means no more than one drink a day for anyone 65 or older.
Local News Headlines
- Leavenworth turns small wedding into big party
- Portland police restricted from handcuffing kids
- Pickup struck by train; occupants escape
- Man sought in homicide, bank robberies arrested
- 2 men rob Idaho man who halted car on I-84 in Ore.
- Downtown police precinct helping curb crime
- Police nab coffee stand robber
- Another victim comes forward in Sergienko kidnap investigation
- 3 llamas found east of Madras
- Panel recommends ways to reduce UO sexual violence