Coffee -- and caffeine, in general -- has many health benefits for older adults. The American Medical Association and other experts stress that moderation is important: Three cups a day is fine, but 10 cups is too much. Make sure the rest of your diet is healthy, as well. Eat nutritious meals, and for weight control, consume only as many calories a day as you burn in activity. If you drink alcohol, do so in moderation. That means no more than one drink a day for anyone 65 or older.
Local News Headlines
- Robber hits McDonalds at Belt and Wellesley
- Oregon audit: Shift welfare focus to jobs
- Washington auditor questions $17M spent for bridge
- Man's body found in canal near Benton City
- Fish ladder working at dam
- Police investigate second armed drive-thru robbery in two nights
- Defense skips opening statement in Arteaga murder trial
- Dead whale on Ore. coast: 'It's really smelly'
- Portland's car-free bridge named Tilikum Crossing
- Oregon schools hiring teachers again