Coffee -- and caffeine, in general -- has many health benefits for older adults. The American Medical Association and other experts stress that moderation is important: Three cups a day is fine, but 10 cups is too much. Make sure the rest of your diet is healthy, as well. Eat nutritious meals, and for weight control, consume only as many calories a day as you burn in activity. If you drink alcohol, do so in moderation. That means no more than one drink a day for anyone 65 or older.
Local News Headlines
- Thirst for craft beer fuels large crop of hops
- Arrest in Salem, Ore., cat poisoning cases
- Spokane Police lets kids be cops for a day
- Should Washington mail-in ballots have prepaid postage?
- 2 Pasco, Wash., workers rescue man from burning house
- Washington inmate sentenced in Portland for tax fraud
- U of O documents: 2 librarians reported under investigation
- 2-year sentence for pouring hot grease on ex-boyfriend
- Deputies searching for cattle prod wielding yogurt shop robber
- School where student was shot completes emergency drill