Coffee -- and caffeine, in general -- has many health benefits for older adults. The American Medical Association and other experts stress that moderation is important: Three cups a day is fine, but 10 cups is too much. Make sure the rest of your diet is healthy, as well. Eat nutritious meals, and for weight control, consume only as many calories a day as you burn in activity. If you drink alcohol, do so in moderation. That means no more than one drink a day for anyone 65 or older.
Local News Headlines
- Discussion over stolen property led to deadly shooting
- Grand Jury indicts Buquet for threatening to kill Obama
- Centralia man accused of running drug ring
- Parents use daughter's iPad to help nab sexual predator
- Hart pleads not guilty to Nine Mile Falls murder
- Police searching for suspect in CHAS Valley Clinic robbery
- Attempted robbery at N. Division Chase Bank.
- Thieves target ATMs at Spokane Valley businesses
- Chelan County search continues for mushroom hunter
- Berger grabbed deputy's taser during Oz Fitness altercation