Southern Clearwater Mountains
Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 9:07 am MST on March 2, 2015, expires at: 10:00 AM PST on March 03, 2015
- ...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to 10 am PST Tuesday... A Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to 10 am PST Tuesday.
- Impacts/timing: accumulating snow...gusty northwest winds... and cold wind chills late Monday afternoon through Tuesday morning. Slick roads will impact area travel. Cold and wet conditions will stress Newborn livestock.
- Snow accumulations: 1 to 3 inches... locally higher amounts possible.
- Wind chills: single digit to 10 below zero Monday night.
- Locations impacted include...Elk River...Highway 11 Pierce to Headquarters...Pierce...Dixie...Elk City...Highway 12 Lowell to Lolo Pass...Camas Prairie...Grangeville and vicinity... Greer grade...Highway 95 Slate Creek to Riggins...White Bird grade Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow means that periods of snow will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving. Cold wind chills will result in frost bite and lead to hypothermia if precautions are not taken. If you must venture outdoors...make sure you wear a hat and gloves.