Fire Weather Warning:
- ...Red flag warning remains in effect from noon to 10 PM PDT Saturday for wind and low relative humidity for Okanogan Valley and Highlands...Waterville Plateau and western Columbia Basin...
- affected area: fire weather zone 673 East Washington northern Columbia Basin (zone 673)...fire weather zone 684 East Washington Okanogan/Methow valleys (zone 684) and fire weather zone 687 East Washington Okanogan Highlands (zone 687).
- Winds: northwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph. Winds will be breezy throughout the day but peak speeds look to come in two bursts...once during the morning hours and a second with a dry cold front passage in the evening between 1700 and 2200 PDT.
- Relative humidities: 12 to 19 percent.
- Impacts: rapid fire spread is possible with existing fires or new fire starts in the area. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now...or will shortly. A combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures will create extreme fire growth potential.