Lewis and Southern Nez Perce Counties
Issued at: 2:03 PM PDT on August 29, 2015, expires at: 8:00 PM PDT on August 29, 2015
...Wind Advisory remains in effect until 8 PM PDT this evening...
- winds...southwest 25 to 35 mph with gusts between 40 to 50 mph.
Mountain top winds are expected to gust to between 50 and 60 mph
with isolated gusts up to 65 mph possible.
- Timing...winds will remain gusty this afternoon and then begin
to subside in the evening.
- Impacts...strong winds may result in in toppled trees and downed
power lines. Light weight objects will be blown around if not
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 30 to 40 mph are expected.
Winds this strong can make driving difficult...especially for
high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Fire Weather Warning:
Issued at: 11:58 am PDT on August 29, 2015, expires at: 7:00 PM PDT on August 29, 2015
...Red flag warning remains in effect until 7 PM PDT this evening
for gusty winds and low humidities across the Palouse/Hells
A red flag warning remains in effect until 7 PM PDT this evening.
- Winds: south to southwest winds will increase to 25 to 35 mph
with higher gusts through the afternoon. Ridgetops and any
exposed elevations will see gusts up to 45 mph. Winds will shift
to the west and northwest during the late afternoon and evening
- Minimum humidities: 10 to 15 percent is expected. Humidity
recovery this evening will be good.
- Thunderstorms: isolated mainly dry thunderstorms.